Ingredients: 4-6 small-medium sweet potatoes, rinsed 1 organic egg 1/4 cup turbinado sugar 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon allspice 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 cup milk or milk substitute (rice milk adds sweetness)
Crust: 1 ½ cup raw pecans ½ cup turbinado sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. With a sharp knife, pierce the sweet potatoes several times. Bake on a cookie sheet for 45-minutes or until soft.
3. Let the sweet potatoes cool to the touch and then peel off the skin. The skin should easily fall off the meat of the potato.
4. Turn the oven down to 375 degrees.
5. Place skinned potatoes in a bowl or food processor, and add egg, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, salt and milk. Mix for 2 minutes.
6. Make the crust. In a blender or food processor break pecans into a course meal.
7. Add turbinado sugar and pulse 5-10 times.
8. Pour pie mixture into casserole or pie dish.
9. Evenly sprinkle the crust over the top of the pie mixture.
10. bake at 375 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until firm.
For more healthy recipes purchase: