This salad is a favorite of adults and children. It’s a great example of how a salad can be simple yet filled with powerful nutrients and antioxidants at the same time. Adding this to your meal gives you these benefits with just two ingredients. The cinnamon has a bright flavor and gives an added blood sugar balancing component to balance the fruit. Makes 8 servings.
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of clementine juice (approximately 1 clementine)
- 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 6 - 8 cups of baby spinach leaves
- 6 clementines, peeled and segmented
- Whisk the oil, juice, salt, pepper, coriander, cinnamon, and syrup together.
- In a bowl add the spinach leaves and clementines
- Pour salad dressing over the salad and toss
Prep time: 10 minutes
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 41, Total Fat: 0 g, Sat. Fat: 0 g, Carbs: 10 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 6 g, Protein: 1 g, Sodium: 74 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg