I love a good one-pot meal and this one of them. Bok choy is part of the cruciferous vegetable family, so it has antioxidant properties that destroy free radicals and protect cells from damage. Antioxidants are cancer preventative as well. Makes 6 servings.
- 2 teaspoons extra of virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch of ginger root, peeled and grated, or 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of cooked chickpeas (may use canned)
- 2 cups of baby bok choy, washed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1. In a saucepan on medium heat, add olive oil, onion, garlic and ginger; sauté for 2 minutes.
2. Add the carrots, bok choy and chickpeas; cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Drizzle with sesame oil and serve.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 158, Total Fat: 6 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 21 g, Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 1 g, Protein: 5 g, Sodium: 262 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg