Each month of 2013 I will be cultivating health by creating a checklist you and your health. Since this month, February, is dedicated to heart health awareness, our checklist will be dedicated to heart health. Our hearts are the engine of physical body and they symbolize our emotional health too. Our metaphor for our hearts give us insight to create the checklist for our hearts. We start with looking at our physical body. Here are some questions for you.
- How are you doing with your physical health goals?
- Are you eating a healthy diet?
- Are you moving on a daily or weekly basis?
- Have you set up your annual check up with your doctor including lab work?
- What labs should you ask for:
- Total Cholesterol levels
- Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol
- High-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol
- Triglycerides are another type of fat found in the blood.
- Total cholesterol/HDL level ratio
- Fasting blood glucose level
- HbA1c levels
- C-reactive protein (CRP)
- NMR Lipoprofile test
How are you doing emotionally? Are you even aware of your emotions on all subjects in your life. Take a few minutes to consider and write down your emotions on the following subject:
- Your health?
- Your physical body and exercise routines?
- Your finances?
- Your relationships?
- Your work or craft?
- Are you pursuing your dreams? Your personal desires
- Do you have spiritual practices to help you understand and balance your emotions?
These are the goals for the month to consider how you are treating your health. I look forward to helping you cultivate health in 2013. Creating health is a process that we will continue to check on monthly.
Dr. Daemon Jones