Kale Avocado Sandwich
I never have bread in the house but I bought it use in one of Kitchen Magic segments. Now that I've finished taping my new online cooking class I have extra whole wheat sourdough bread. I decided on an avocado, tomatoes and sautéed kale sandwich! Yummy and quick 5 minutes. #eatmoreplants #DrDaesKitchenMagic
Ingredients for Sandwich
Whole Wheat sourdough bread – 2 pieces
½ ripe avocado
½ teaspoon of ground cumin
1 pinch of cayenne pepper
1 pinch of sea salt
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
3-4 slices of tomato
***1 cup of sautéed kale
1. Toast 2 pieces of Whole Wheat sourdough bread
2. Take the meat of the avocado and mash it in the cup along with the cumin, cayenne pepper, sea salt and lemon juice.
3. Spread the avocado on both pieces of bread.
4. Add tomato slices to the bread.
5. Then add the kale
6. Place one of bread on the top of the other. Enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Here is the Sweet Sautéed Kale Recipe in case you need it!
1 bunch of kale, washed
1/2 cup of yellow onions, chopped
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, chopped
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of black pepper
Juice of 1 ½ lemon or 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1. De-rib kale and tear into bite-sized pieces.
2. In a sauce pan, add oil, onions and garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add kale, salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat and pour lemon juice or vinegar over kale.