Fruity Fall Field Salad Recipes
Apples are one of my favorite fruits because they are so versatile. They can be used in sweet or savory dishes. Here is a light salad that sweet and crunchy. Kids and adults can enjoy it. The beauty of cooking at home is you can modify the ingredients for your taste. Here are a few modifications you might try:
1) If Granny Smith apples are too tart for you replace them with another firm apple like Honey crisp or Gala.
2) pan roast or oven roast the walnuts to give it a lovely smokier flavor or use your favorite nuts.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon of lemon zest
2 teaspoons of walnut oil
2 tablespoons of dill
Pinch of sea salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon honey
2 granny smith apples sliced
½ cup of chopped walnuts
2 cups of mixed salad greens
1. In a small bowl whisk olive oil, lemon juice, zest, walnut oil, dill, honey and sea salt.
2. In a large bowl add salad greens, chopped walnuts and sliced apples.
3. Pour salad dressing and toss.