Simple and Healthy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
In the fall we see pumpkins, pumkins everywhere but do you actually eat them? I love cooking with pumpkin. I get one of the small pumpkins and bake it for about an hour. Once it is soft I scoop out the pumpkins seeds and cook those for snack. The rest of the pumpkin meat and use it for pumpkin bread. Here is the recipe from my book Daelicious! Recipes for Vibrant Living.This pumpkin bread recipe has added fiber because it is made with whole wheat flour and pumpkin. Enjoy!
Ingredients: 6 tablespoons butter or vegan butter substitute 2/3 cups turbinado sugar 2 organic eggs or egg substitute equal to 2 eggs 1 cup mashed pumpkin* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 3/4 cup whole wheat flour 3/4 cup unbleached flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice 1/4 teaspoon baking powder 1/3–1/2 cup milk or milk substitute
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
- In a large bowl add the butter or vegan butter substitute and turbinado sugar, eggs, pumpkin and vanilla. Mix for 1-2 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, unbleached flour, baking soda, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, ground allspice and baking powder.
- Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Once all of the ingredients have been combined add the milk or milk substitute.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
* If you don't have a fresh pumpkin then you can use the canned pumpkin.
[box]If you enjoy this recipes but the downloadable version of my book Daelicious! Recipes for Vibrant Living on www.HealthyDaes.com/daelicious[/box]