Family's Pasta Night: Zucchini Pasta in a Tomato Basil Sauce
Roasted Tomato Sauce
2 teaspoons of Olive oil
2 cloves of garlic diced
2 tablespoons of fresh Basil
2 tablespoons of fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of fire-roasted tomatoes
½ teaspoon of sea salt
½ of pepper
1. In a medium sauce pan add the oil, garlic, basil and parsley and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add the regular and fire-roasted tomatoes, salt and pepper into the pan and cook at a low simmer for about 15 minutes.
3. Transfer to a blender and blend for 2 minutes.
2 zucchini ends cut
1 teaspoon of Oilve Oil
pinch of salt
1. Cut the zucchini in half. If you have a spiralizer run them through the pasta maker setting.
2. If you don’t have a spiralizer then take a peeler and run it over the zucchini to make “noodles”.
3. Pour oil into a pan add zucchini noodles and salt and sauté for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Pour Roasted Tomato Sauce over the zucchini