Cranberry Relish - Cranberry Sauce
Cranberry sauce is a quick dish that adds tangy flavor along with tons of antioxidants. Cranberries are high in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. They are essential for anti-aging and heart health. The fiber supports blood sugar levels to counteract the sugar in the recipe. Makes 8 servings. *** I love to add some, cinnamon and allspice to turn up the flavor just a little more!
- 2 cups of cranberries
- 1/2 cup of turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1/2 cup of orange slices, seeded
1. Rinse cranberries in a bowl of water. Pick out any cranberries that are soft or have bad spots.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the cranberries, sugar, water, and orange juice.
3. Cook for about 10 minutes.
4. The cranberries will start to ‘pop’ and the liquid will congeal. The longer you cook it the thicker it will be become. I suggest another 5-10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add orange slices for texture and flavor.
**If you want smooth cranberry sauce put the liquid from the pot into the blender before you let it cool
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 74, Total Fat: 0 g, Sat. Fat: 0 g, Carbs: 19 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 15 g, Protein: 0 g, Sodium: 1 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
Recipe from Dr. Dae's Eat More Plants