Even though this salad only has 4 ingredients, it’s loaded with anti-oxidants and omega-3 fatty acids which is the perfect combination to prevent stress from damaging the cells of the body. This protects our bodies from aging, diabetes, heart disease and other chronic diseases. Makes 6 servings.
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- 1 small avocado diced
- 1 small navel orange, cut into slices
- ½ cup of walnuts
- 4 teaspoons of fresh squeezed orange juice
- ½ teaspoon of orange zest (use an organic orange)
- ½ teaspoon of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of agave nectar
- Pinch of salt
- *1 teaspoon of fresh mint, finely chopped
- Ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, add the spinach. Sprinkle the avocado, orange pieces, and walnuts on top of the spinach leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, orange zest, lemon juice, oil, agave, salt and mint.
- Pour over the salad and lightly toss.
- Top with fresh ground pepper.
Prep time: 8 minutes
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 189, Total Fat: 15 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Carbs: 13 g, Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 6 g, Protein: 4 g, Sodium: 131 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg