Taco Tuesday and Sweet Plantains Recipe
My brother and his family love taco Tuesdays and we always eat them vegetarian style.
Vegetarian tacos are loaded with antioxidants and healthy fiber. The toppings have a combination of fiber and phytonutrients to support anti-aging, and reduce chronic diseases like heart disease, high cholesterol, and diabetes. Makes 8 servings.
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- ½ cup of red onions, diced
- ½ cup of green bell peppers, diced
- ¼ cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups of black beans or (15 ounce can, drained)
- 1 cup of corn kernels
- ½ of lime, fresh squeezed
- 8 crispy tacos or soft tacos
- 1 cup of romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup of tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup of guacamole – see recipe
- 1 cup of lime cilantro rice or leftover rice
- *1 cup of vegan cheese – optional
- 2 cups of piquant tomato sauce
- Add oil to sauce pan over medium heat; then add, onions, bell peppers, cilantro, cumin, salt and black pepper. Sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, black beans, corn and heat for another 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice.
- Fill the taco shell with the taco filling and add your favorite toppings.
- Top with 1 teaspoon of the piquant tomato sauce and serve.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 317, Total Fat: 7 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 55 g, Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 12 g, Sodium: 300 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
If you love this recipe and want more then you can buy Eat More Plants here!