To nourish or not nourish… what are you doing?
According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, there are two meanings connected with to nourish:
· "to provide (someone or something) with food and other things that are needed to live, be healthy, etc."
· "to cause (something) to develop or grow stronger."
Since March is National Nutrition Month, I thought it was the perfect time to focus on nourishment. Not just food as nourishment, even though that is extremely important. Today, I want to look at all forms of nourishment because it is essential for health, development and growth.
Personally, I love the word nourishment. Doesn’t it sound wonderful?
There are many ways to be nourished.
· You can be nourished by loving words, self-care, good friends, and loyal family.
· Delicious healthy food options feed our healing and healthy lifestyles.
· Some people feel nourished by going on a hike, riding a bike or playing their favorite sport.
· Celebrations are a beautiful was to share a special moment in your life with others.
· Vacations and lazy summer days are nourishing to the mind while relaxing the body.
· Fresh air, sunshine and anything in nature nourishes all of our senses.
Nourishment is required for a sweet life. Nourishment at every level: mental, emotional and physical is essential for a sweet life.
For today, spend a few minutes thinking about the ways that you nourish yourself and the people closest to you... What is one thing you could do that would make you feel more nourished? Think about it and share your thoughts on this post!
To Your One Sweet Life,
In case you missed them, here are my last few blog posts: